Graduate Engineer (Permanent/Full-Time)
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and forward-thinking water treatment design team working to deliver exciting and challenging UK and international projects?
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic post graduate seeking an opportunity to develop and progress in an essential engineering sector?
If so, AllWater Technologies Ltd is delighted to offer an exciting role that will kick start your career path towards professional engineer status, through process design and project delivery.
AllWater Technologies Ltd is a rapidly expanding specialist water treatment company, based in the UK, providing bespoke solutions for pure water, waste water and effluent treatment to industrial clients. We believe that our employees are our most important asset and we strive to nourish and encourage new talent as ultimately the success of the company is directly dependant on the efforts of the workforce. With this in mind, AllWater Technologies Ltd offers extensive training opportunities and learning and development initiatives that drive individual competencies.
As the successful candidate, you will join the Project Engineering team who are responsible for the development, organisation and execution of specialist solutions, from concept design right through to detailed design and implementation. The role will involve liaising with the Sales, Operations, and Service departments to successfully coordinate projects and will enable you to develop skills in defining the workscope provided by the Sales team, carrying out multi-disciplinary engineering and process design, overseeing manufacture within the workshop facility, and supporting installation and commissioning activities.
- Supporting the Project Engineering team in undertaking project specific activities as per client specification throughout the entire project lifecycle, including liaising with key suppliers, internal work teams and subcontractors in order to execute projects on time and in budget.
- Undertaking process design calculations and assessments and producing detailed design information to qualify sound engineering practice, specific to industrial water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Carrying out multi-disciplinary design and specification of plant, including equipment, valve and pipework schedules, and electrical connection schedules in order to ensure that plant items are adequately sized and suitable for requirement.
- Applying use of proprietary OEM software tools in order to produce process performance projections for the suitability of water treatment systems.
- Producing Risk Assessments and Method Statements in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Assisting with producing Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) schedules and organise FAT visits at third-party facilities.
- Producing P&ID and 2D plant layout schematics using AutoCAD drawing software as well as supporting the team with the development of mechanical GA drawing and 3D layout drawings via Solidworks software.
- Collation and accurate recording of project specific information, including assisting the team with producing operational and maintenance manuals for the end user.
- Managing procurement and expediting orders when necessary, as well as other project-related activities as appropriate.
Candidates will be highly motivated, self -reliant and keen to learn new skills. They will be well organised and hold the ability to prioritise work with an effective problem solving outlook and a positive communication skill set. Strong attention to detail, particularly on engineering principles is key. Candidates must also have excellent IT skills, lots of initiative, a high level of integrity and a strong work ethic, being professional with a mature manner.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering (or other relevant engineering disciplines). Applicants will be proficient in the use of CAD software, ideally AutoCAD. They will preferably have undertaken an engineering work placement in an industrial setting.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and other benefits.
Interested? Contact Sue Fisher, Operation Director at AWT