Graduate Project Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and forward-thinking water treatment design team working to deliver exciting and challenging UK and international projects?
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic post graduate seeking an opportunity to develop and progress in an essential engineering sector?
If so, AllWater Technologies Ltd is delighted to offer an exciting role that will kick start your career path towards professional engineer status, through process design and project delivery.
AllWater Technologies Ltd is a rapidly expanding specialist water treatment company, based in Somerset, providing bespoke solutions for pure water, waste water and effluent treatment to industrial clients. We believe that our employees are our most important asset and we strive to nourish and encourage new talent as ultimately the success of the company is directly dependant on the efforts of the workforce. With this in mind, AllWater Technologies Ltd offers extensive training opportunities and learning and development initiatives that drive individual competencies.
As the successful candidate, you will join the Project Engineering team who are responsible for the development, organisation and execution of specialist solutions, from concept design right through to detailed design and implementation. The role will involve liaising with the Sales, Operations, and Service departments to successfully coordinate projects and will enable you to develop skills in defining the workscope provided by the Sales team, carrying out multi-disciplinary engineering and process design, overseeing manufacture within the workshop facility, and supporting installation and commissioning activities.
- Supporting the Project Engineering team in undertaking project specific activities as per client specification throughout the entire project lifecycle, including liaising with key suppliers, internal work teams and subcontractors in order to execute projects on time and in budget.
- Undertaking process design calculations and assessments and producing detailed design information to qualify sound engineering practice, specific to industrial water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Carrying out multi-disciplinary design and specification of plant, including equipment, valve and pipework schedules, and electrical connection schedules in order to ensure that plant items are adequately sized and suitable for requirement.
- Applying use of proprietary OEM software tools in order to produce process performance projections for the suitability of water treatment systems.
- Assisting with producing Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) schedules and organise FAT visits at third-party facilities.
- Producing P&ID and 2D plant layout schematics using AutoCAD drawing software.
- Assisting our mechanical design engineers with the development of mechanical GA and 3D layout drawings via Solidworks software.
- Collation and accurate recording of project specific information, including assisting the team with producing operational and maintenance manuals for the end user.
- Managing procurement and expediting orders when necessary, as well as other project-related activities as appropriate.
Candidates will be highly motivated, self-reliant and keen to learn new skills. They will be well organised and hold the ability to prioritise work with an effective problem-solving outlook and a positive communication skill set. Strong attention to detail, particularly on engineering principles is key. An understanding of process chemistry and fluid dynamics would be desirable. Candidates must also have excellent IT skills, lots of initiative, a high level of integrity and a strong work ethic, being professional with a mature manner.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering (or other relevant engineering disciplines). Applicants will be proficient in the use of CAD software, ideally AutoCAD. A working knowledge of Solidworks would also be useful. They will preferably have undertaken an engineering work placement in an industrial setting.
A full valid UK driving license is also required.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and other benefits.
Water Treatment Field Service Engineer
Role – The role that we would be looking to fulfil would be varied but would typically involve the following:
- Servicing and maintaining water treatment systems such as Reverse Osmosis, Deionisers, Filters, Water Softeners and Effluent treatment Plant at customer sites around the UK (and potentially overseas)
- Managing direct relationships with customers and plant operatives.
- Analysing and resolving problems whilst both at site and by way of remote support.
- Completing installation and commissioning of plant (subject to qualification and skill set)
- Completing Service Reports and other associated documentation (using MS Word)
- Responding to customer needs in line with commercial and technical specifications of AllWater Technologies Ltd.
- Assisting the company with service improvement initiatives; taking a proactive approach to increasing productivity & profitability.
- Ensuring that a high level of customer care & service is maintained at all times
- Ensuring that all company policies inc. Health & Safety are observed and abided with at all times
- Enhancing your own skills and knowledge through proactive learning and self-development
Full training would be provided with a suitable vehicle, PPE, tools, mobile phone etc. also forming part of the ‘kit’ provided to all engineers.
Our clients are based across the UK & abroad and you should expect to have some time working away from home in order to satisfy their requirements (such visits are agreed in advance with you but you would need to be aware of this need).
As your skills and experience increase you may also be involved in commissioning of installed systems; this potentially leading to working away for a number of days or on occasions, a couple of weeks.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following;
- GCSE or equivalent – English and Maths
- A full UK driving license is required and a willingness to travel
- Mechanical and/or Electrical experience and qualification
- Experience with the water treatment industry would be an advantage
- Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer or in a field based technical support role would be an advantage
- Experience in working with PLCs would also be an advantage but is not essential
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers
- A good level of IT competency
- A well-motivated, dynamic and hardworking individual who possesses good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively on all levels within an organisation
- Who can participate effectively in teamwork and use own initiative when required to solve problems that may arise.
- Must be a flexible individual who enjoys the challenges of meeting deadlines and targets.
- Should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of technical and mechanical systems, as this is vital to the role.
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Word, Excel and Internet
- Competitive salary
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme (subject to qualification)
- Tablet and smartphone
- Company vehicle and Fuel Card
- Work wear
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 days subject to service period) plus 8 public holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- and the opportunity to work in an exciting and fast moving environment.